Skip To Main Content
Based on NAEYC (National Education for the Education of Young Children)
- Children will be taught in a play-based, developmentally and culturally appropriate learning environment that is inclusive.
- The program will meet the needs of the whole child: physically, socially, emotionally and cognitively.
- Children will develop a sense of belonging at school, knowing they are safe, cared for and respected by their teachers and the community.
- Staff will promote positive relationships among children and adults, encouraging self-worth, belonging and a sense of community.
- Staff will develop and maintain strong and collaborative partnerships with families and community partners, respecting and valuing language, culture, and family composition.
- Children will be prepared to enter Transitional Kindergarten or Kindergarten with the skills necessary to be successful learners and problem solvers.
- Curriculum chosen will provide a variety of activities linked to the California Preschool Learning Foundations that are developmentally appropriate and supportive of all learners.
- Formal and informal assessments of all children will provide information allowing teachers to plan appropriately and respond to each child’s strengths and needs.
- Staff will effectively implement policies, procedures, and systems that support all educational partners to ensure a high-quality preschool program.
- Staff will meet licensing requirements and will be provided with professional development opportunities related to early childhood development.