These eight principles provided by the California Preschool Curriculum Framework guide our teaching and emphasize offering young children individually, culturally, and linguistically responsive learning experiences and environments:
- Relationships are central.
- Play is a primary context for learning.
- Learning is integrated.
- Intentional teaching enhances children’s learning experiences.
- Family and community partnerships create meaningful connections.
- Individualization of learning includes all children.
- Responsiveness to culture and language supports children’s learning.
- Time for reflection and planning enhances teaching.
CuperDoodle Preschool Program addresses the cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development of each child. We provide a hands-on, child-centered, play-based learning environment using the State of California’s Preschool Learning Foundations and Curriculum Framework as a guide to our instruction. To address the diversity of young children we use a flexible approach to curriculum in order to be responsive to all children’s needs, interests, and environments in which they live. We use an integrated approach to curriculum, engaging children in multiple ways as they study meaningful topics and content. The physical environment supports children’s play and learning with intentionally designed spaces allowing for self-initiated exploration and practice. CuperDoodle utilizes Creative Curriculum as well as teacher-designed curriculum based on the California Preschool Learning Foundations. Our focus is on developing the whole child through a play-based preschool program.